Hasan Abdullah, President and Managing Attorney
Hasan Abdullah was born in Toronto, Canada, and has been living in the United States since 2001. He received his Juris Doctorate (JD) degree from Santa Clara University (SCU) School of Law, and has held membership in the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) since 2008.
In 2005, while studying at SCU, he interned at their community law center and focused on family-based immigration, VAWA petitions, political asylum, and criminal victim (U-Visa) cases.
Since 2008 to 2014 he was a member of a full service immigration law firm for nearly seven years, and was quickly promoted to manage and train the staff of attorneys and paralegals. While practicing he has prepared/managed over two thousand cases and mentored four attorneys (which includes attorneys employed by clients) and nearly a dozen paralegals. He hosts a regular immigration advice radio show on AM1170AM KLOK (Wednesdays from 1-2PM) and AM155o Radio Zindagi (Thursdays from 12-1PM), and was the first immigration attorney to be awarded the Lawyers in the Library Volunteer Merit Award by the San Jose Pro Bono Project.
- Juris Doctorate (JD), Santa Clara University, School of Law
- Bachelor of Science – Business Administration, San Jose State University
Bar Membership and Associations
- Illinois State Bar Member since 2008
- American Immigration Lawyers Association since 2008
- English and Urdu/Hindi.
Pro Bono Activities
- Pro Bono Project’s MCA Legal Clinic operations coordinator from 2005 to 2007
- Pro Bono Project advising attorney since 2008
- India Post Newspaper monthly article contributor
- You Are Not Alone, Annual Domestic Abuse Symposium (led discussion about immigration benefits available to victims of abuse)
- Project Suit-up Professional Discussion Panel (participated in professional panels to mentor youth)
- American Visa Law Show, with Hasan Abdullah (twice weekly immigration news/advice program on KLOK AM1170 and Radio Zindagi AM1550)