Asylum, VAWA, and U-Visa

Overview of the Victim Based Green Card Options

It is possible to obtain a green card due to past experiences of victimization. This page will provide a basic overview of these options, and links to a more detailed overview of these various options. The categories include victims of of certain criminal activities seeking U-visa classification, victims of abuse during marriage to a US Citizen or US Lawful Permanent Resident filing VAWA self-petitions, and political asylum seekers.

Click on any of the topics on the right to read a more detailed overview and to find additional articles, resources, case studies and more.

Victim Based Categories List: